Friday, April 25, 2014

#LD48 Ludum Dare "Beneath The Surface" underway.


I promised myself (and Mike) that I would finally do a Ludum Dare. I've been wanting to do one since I first heard about them, but always crunching on professional game projects or family obligations. Note, my 3 year old has already interrupted this blog once.

But it's going to happen. I will take a shot at this, and for your pleasure, I will outline as much of the design process as I can.

A couple gamer buddies want to do it as a team, but we are going to do the solo competition instead and keep each other up with morale support. Maybe next time we will do a team. But for my part, I have so little time this will be an exercise in restraint and organization.

What I do have going for me:
  • Years and years (decades really) of professional and personal game development experience.
  • I can code.
  • I can write.
  • I have kids who can do art...ahem, I mean you won't be able to tell the difference.
  • I promised both myself and Kasprzak I would do it.
Next post will be my design thoughts, and you may find them a little different than what you've seen before. Enjoy...

No comments:

Post a Comment