Saturday, April 26, 2014

LD48 Art Update



In my last post, I vaguely waved my hands across the features and process. In particular the art process, as I had a pretty good idea of what I wanted to do. I also knew it would be better to show than tell.

Layout, Sizing, & Painting "runes" with Kids.

This was the first thing on the list of scope and it's done now. It was a moderate mess and there was some bathing and time with the washing machine, but the results are awesome.

Here were some Art Theme elements mentioned in the previous design post:
  • Inspirations : kids toys, pb&j sandwiches, northern european runes and stone tiles, little kids finger paint art
  • Game Element Colors : Yellow, Red, Blue, Green
And here's how that turns out in practice:

Drawing the runes..
Using the Norse Futhark Magickal Alphabet...
 Here they are spelling Crafty...
 Taking pictures at each step...
 Untouched rune...

 Placing base colors...
 Professional assistance... (if this disqualifies my artistic integrity then oh well.)
 Finished product... and now you see what is Beneath The Surface.

No comments:

Post a Comment